U.S. census, microfilm (EE QuickCheck models, pp. 247, 248, 250)
- Bibliography (Source List Entry):
Tennessee. Carter County. 1850 U.S. census, population schedule. NARA microfilm publication M432, roll 873. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.
- Full footnote (First Reference Note):
1850 U.S. census, Carter County, Tennessee, population schedule, 8th Civil District, p. 210 (stamped), dwell. 45, fam. 45, John Elexander household; NARA microfilm publication M432, roll 873<; [CM]>.
- Short footnote (Subsequent Note):
1850 U.S. census, Carter Co., Tenn., pop. sch., 8th Civil District, p. 210 (stamped), dwell. 45, fam. 45, John Elexander household<; [CM]>.
Explanation of variations from Mills:
- Without going to lots of split citations, I don't have an easy way to use the full words "dwelling" and "family" in the full footnote and the abbreviations "dwell." and "fam." in the short footnote. Since the full footnote appears only once, it's easier to edit that in a report, if desired.
- Mills usually omits the word "household," unless the citation refers to the entire household and it's not clear in the text. If this citation refers to the census household, I would include the word. If it refers to age, occupation, etc. of an individual in that household, just enter the individual's name in the citation detail.
- Year (in Date)
- State (in Location)
- Publication Place (in Publisher Location)
- County (in Second Location)
- Roll Number (in Pages)
- Schedule (in Record Type)
- Census ID (in Edition)
- Short Location (in Short Title)