- Bibliography (Source List Entry):
New York. Hamilton County. Deeds, 1816-1929. Montgomery County Department of History and Archives, Fonda.
- Full footnote (First Reference Note):
Hamilton County, New York, Deeds, 13: 235, Jacob Lair to Jacob E. Lair, deed, 19 February 1876; Montgomery County Department of History and Archives, Fonda; deed specifies that Jacob E. Lair was the son of Jacob Lair; Jacob E. was taking land in lieu of inheritance.
- Short footnote (Subsequent Note):
Hamilton Co., N. Y., Deeds, 13: 235.
Explanation of variations from Mills:
- This is very similar to the Mills examples. Problems can arise when citing a single, titled volume rather than a series, though. In that case, the title should be placed in quotation marks. There are two options: 1) Create a separate template for this situation; or 2) enter the title, in quotes, in the [Series] field.
- This template assumes there is no need to differentiate from the Series name and the individual volume name - or that any variation will be handled well by including the volume name in the citation detail; for example, using Deeds as the Series name, the repository might cite specific pages as "Deeds, 7: 423" or "Deeds, Liber A: 423." [CD2] for the latter example would read, "Liber A: 423," without the quotation marks, of course.
- If the text includes information on the parties involved, the type of document, and/or the date of the document, that information doesn't need to be repeated in the citation. I think that removing that information from the citation is an editing job, not a data entry job. It's not easy to tell exactly what will be included in the text of your final narrative. Removing information is much easier than adding it.
- For those who like lots of split Citation Detail elements, consider setting up separate [CD] elements for the type of document and the document date.
- Nothing exotic is used in this template.
- State (in Location)
- County (in Second Location)
- City (in Publisher)
- Short Location (in Short Title)
- Repository Location (in Publisher Location)