- Bibliography (Source List Entry):
Tazewell County researchers. "Compiled Tazewell County Marriage Index." Record Abstracts. Bradford, Lisa Griffith, County Coordinator. Welcome to Tazewell County, Virginia (Virginia USGenWeb). http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vatazewe/TCMI/TCMI.htm : 2003.
- Full footnote (First Reference Note):
Tazewell County researchers, "Compiled Tazewell County Marriage Index," record abstracts, Lisa Griffith Bradford, County Coordinator, Welcome to Tazewell County, Virginia (Virginia USGenWeb) (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vatazewe/TCMI/TCMI.htm : accessed 15 July 2010), Denison Baldwin - Sallie Ward Barns marriage, 16 February 1858<; [CM]>.
- Short footnote (Subsequent Note):
Tazewell County researchers, "Compiled Tazewell County Marriage Index," Tazewell County, Virginia (VA USGenWeb), Denison Baldwin - Sallie Ward Barns marriage<; [CM]>.
Explanation of variations from Mills:
- There's no exact comparison available, but there are some possible questions. The QCM on p. 647 places the example's book editor after the title of the book. The example in 12.64, however, places the book editor's name before the title. I'm not sure which would be preferred, but our template feels a little better to me, as it retains the pattern of creator before the name of the creation.
- The URL entered in the template is that of the "chapter," not that of the "book," although it follows the title of the website, not the title of the chapter. Since not every website makes it easy to find the sections, I think it's a good idea to cite the chapter URL.
- Note the use of the formatting code, [FCAP:][:FCAP] in the Bibliography. This capitalizes the initial letter of each word. That's not really what we want, but it's better than leaving this data in lower case. If the Bibliography is published, capitalization of the data in this field will need to be edited.
- Many websites have corporate authors of some sort.. Entering an author as "Film Study Center, Harvard University" would result in incorrect output in both footnote outputs. Don't forget TMG's escape character, the backslash. Enter this as "Film Study Center\, Harvard University" and it will print correctly in all output formats.
- Website (in Title)
- Short Website (in Short Title)